Ploughcroft Terms and Conditions: Domestic Home Owners
The term(s) ‘Ploughcroft’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Ploughcroft Ltd, Eco Roof Visitor Centre, Whitehall Chambers, Halifax Road, Hipperholme, Halifax, HX3 8DW. Our company registration number is GB 5750349. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Where we cannot resolve any complaints using our own complaints procedure, as a Which? Trusted trader we use Ombudsman Services Ltd for dispute resolution.
In the unlikely event of a complaint arising and you wish to refer the complaint to them please contact Which? Trusted traders in the first instance on 0117 981 2929.
Payment of Accounts:
- All prices which are provided inclusive of VAT are at the standard rate in force at the time.
- Full payment is due upon completion of the works. On orders over £2000 the following payment terms will apply: 25% prior to commencement, 50% half way through the project, remainder on completion. Contracts over £5000 will require additional interim payments. Any projects covered by Competent Roofer will also include deposit protection.
- In the case of late payment, Ploughcroft reserves the right to charge a small administration charge, plus interest at a rate of 3% per month on the balance outstanding. Until payment is made in full, title to goods shall be retained by Ploughcroft. Until payment has been made in full, the Customer grants Ploughcroft, its agents and employees an irrevocable licence at any time to enter any premises where the equipment is or may be stored in order to remove it.
- We reserve the right to submit interim invoices to the value of work undertaken at that date.
- If your monies are being held on a retention basis we must be informed in writing when instructed to commence work.
- Where Ploughcroft is prevented from completing the work for reasons beyond Ploughcroft’s control, Ploughcroft reserves the right to invoice for the works carried out to that point.
- In the case of cancellation, Ploughcroft reserves the right to charge an administration fee for work incurred.Ploughcroft will also make a charge for any goods/services which have been ordered in advance. Materials which can be returned are not chargeable.
- Ploughcroft reserves the right to charge for any loss or expense incurred through disruption or delay to the progress of work caused either directly or indirectly by the actions of tradesmen or others not in employment of Ploughcroft.
- Payment complaints must be notified within 7 days of receipt of an invoice.
Conditions to be undertaken by the Customer/Occupier
- The Customer shall provide a safe supply of electricity and water when necessary.
- In all circumstances, items of fittings and furnishings likely to be damaged during work should be removed from the vicinity or protected by the Customer to prevent damage by dust impregnation as Ploughcroft cannot accept responsibility for damage to such items.Any items remaining shall be the responsibility of the Customer.
- The position of any concealed services should be clearly marked out by the Customer as we cannot accept responsibility for accidental damage to such items if they are hidden from view.
- We cannot be held responsible for any minor and unforeseeable damage caused to ceilings during our work.
- The Customer shall be responsible for any costs associated with planning or building regulations approval, structural calculations or any professional costs that may be incurred during the execution of the works. It is the customer’s legal responsibility to ensure that the necessary permissions and certification for any works are secured. In the case or re-roofing works, Ploughcroft will self certify Part L of the building regulations under Competent Roofer, the cost for which is included in the quotation. In the case of Velux replacement / installation and conservatory roof replacement, Ploughcroft will apply for building regulation approval on behalf of the customer, the cost of which is included in the quotation.
- The “Approximate Installation Date” given on the contract is an estimate only as it may be affected by factors beyond our control and it is given to the best of Ploughcroft’s knowledge at the time. The Customer will be notified as early as possible of any necessary alteration to the approximate installation date together with the reason.
- Any salvage value of existing materials (such as slate, tiles, lead) has been taken in to account when calculating the quotation.
- The Customer has a period of 28 days to accept a written quotation, after which Ploughcroft reserves the right to amend the specification and associated costs.The Customer will always be notified in writing of such amendments.
- If the Customer wishes to cancel the contract, the Customer must inform Ploughcroft in writing within 14 days of signing the contract. Clients are entitled to a 14 day cooling off period during which no costs are incurred.
- Where the Customer agrees that works are to commence within 14 days of the signing of the quotation and subsequently cancels the order the Company reserves the right to apply Condition 7 above.
- Please note that the enclosed quotation is based on carrying out the works during normal working hours (Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays) unless otherwise stated.Should the Customer request work to be carried out outside of these hours, Ploughcroft reserves the right to charge an additional premium.
- Ploughcroft reserves the right to change the specifications at any time with a specification equal to or better than the original, subject to changes in technique, improvements in materials or in cases where a change might be found necessary during the course of work. Should the specifications be changed in any way, the Customer will still receive the same level of quality and finished product which has been contracted for. Any specification changes as specified by the customer will be notified to the customer prior to any changes.
- If unforeseen works are revealed the Customer will be notified immediately and a further quotation provided as necessary.
- Ploughcroft will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under these Terms that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (“Force Majeure Event”). A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-occurrence, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes, but without being limited to, the following: (a) a delay in or impossibility to source parts (whether or not at a reasonable price); (b) strikes or other industrial action; (c) a threat of or terrorist attack and related events; (d) natural disaster or such events affecting performance; (e) adverse weather conditions; or (f) impossibility of the use of the transport network (whether in the UK or abroad). Our obligations under these Terms shall be suspended for the duration of the Force Majeure Event, and we will have an extension of time to perform the obligations for the duration of that period. We will endeavor to take all reasonable steps to bring the Force Majeure Event to a close or to find a solution by which our obligations can be performed despite the Force Majeure Event. If the Force Majeure Event continues for a period of 6 months, either party will be able to terminate the contract without liability to the other.
- Inclement weather conditions: Whilst Ploughcroft will take all due care and will take every reasonable precaution to protect the property from adverse weather during the contracted period of works, if weather conditions change dramatically whilst work is being undertaken Ploughcroft shall not be held liable for any loss or damage caused directly or indirectly.
- There is no tensile strength to mortar in accordance with BS5534 mortar use in roofs, valleys, ridges & verges is prohibited, therefore we can’t guarantee mortar.
- Upon discovering possible hazardous material, all work will stop and our findings reported to you.With your consent we will arrange for specialist testing and disposal to comply with legal recommendations, extra costs will be quoted as variations.
- All repairs are guaranteed for 12 months only, unless otherwise stated.Re-roofing works carry a 10 year insurance backed warranty.
- IMPORTANT: Exclusion clause relating to chimney work. Because of the manner in which chimneys are constructed, we are unable to provide any guarantee that work done to chimneys (including, but not limited to, re-pointing, re-rendering, and work around the chimney stack) will prevent some water infiltration. This is due to the fact that chimneys are built of porous brick / stone and mortar which, after sufficient water saturation, over time acts as a sponge and through capillary action and gravity allow water to run down the internal flue and manifest itself by way of damp in internal rooms. We will always ensure and guarantee that our work will be undertaken to a reasonable and satisfactory standard in line with our legal obligations to you, but cannot guarantee that the work will prevent water penetration through this cause. Please note that this does not affect your statutory legal rights On any job which requires any kind of chimney work, we advise upon completion of our work you (the customer) arranges for a gas inspection to be done by a registered gas safe fitter, as we can’t be held responsible for any debris which might be dislodged on the inner flue lining.
- When calculating heat loss/U Values we use RDSAP which produce an estimate only.
- Any report provided is for the benefit and use of the addressee only.Ploughcroft cannot accept responsibility or liability for our survey or of such report, to any other company or person.On no account must it be duplicated or copied in whole or in part without Ploughcroft’s express authority.
- If any court or competent authority decides that any of the provisions or any part of a provision of these Terms are invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, the term or the part of the term will, to that extent only, be severed from the remaining terms, which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- A person who is not party to these Terms shall not have any rights under or in connection with them under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- These Terms shall be governed by English law and we both agree to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. Ploughcroft does not accept orders from addresses outside the UK.
- Where we cannot resolve any complaints using our own complaints procedure, as a Which? Trusted trader we use Dispute Resolution Ombudsman for dispute resolution. In the unlikely event of a complaint arising and you wish to refer the complaint to them please contact 0333 241 3209 or via their website http://www.disputeresolutionombudsman.org/membership/whichtrustedtraders/
- For solar panel installation: The Customer should note that the performance of solar PV systems is impossible to predict with certainty due to the variability in the amount of solar radiation (sunlight) from location to location and from year to year. Estimates given in sales literature are based upon the Government’s standard assessment procedure for energy rating of buildings (SAP) and is given as guidance only. It should not be considered as a guarantee of performance. In relation to solar installations, whilst Ploughcroft will endeavour to install the equipment in line with the approximate installation date, Ploughcroft cannot be held responsible for loss of feed in tariff due to any delay in installation, if, for example, parts are not available or for any Force Majeure Event (see Condition 27 below) and, accordingly, we will not be liable for any loss of anticipated savings or income/revenue during such time.
Terms and Conditions for Commercial Contracts
To view our Terms and Conditions for Commercial Contracts please Click here
SE-07 Terms & Conditions V1.12
Company Reg No. 5750349 VAT No. 144 9465 87 Director: Chris Hopkins MBEng, MIOR