As Ploughcroft is now part of Avonside Group Services, we can now install high-quality energy-efficient solar PV and thermal roof panels so you can convert sunlight into electricity, which can be used to run household appliances and lighting.
Solar panel electricity systems (also known as photovoltaics (PV)), capture the sun’s energy using photovoltaic cells. It is a popular misconception that solar panels only generate energy in the daytime; in actual fact, solar panel systems do not need direct sunlight to work, meaning they can even generate power even on a cloudy day.
The Avonside Renewables division has extensive experience installing Solar Photovoltaic Roof panels (available as Integrated, On Roof, Flat Roof and In Roof options) and Solar Thermal Roof panels for the commercial, social, private, residential and agricultural housing markets. Both types of solar panel absorb the sun’s raw energy and utilise it to create energy in an environmentally friendly manner. Solar Photovoltaic Roof panels create energy that is used for electricity whilst Solar Thermal Roof panels produce energy that is used to directly heat water and or air.
Meanwhile, Avonside Group Services’ Home Improvements branch, which caters exclusively to the UK domestic and property market, specialise in:
- Small to medium size installations between 2kW and 100kW of power ideal for domestic and commercial projects,
- Ground mount systems, Flat Roof and Pitched Roof solar panel systems,
- Providing and installing a diverse range of high-performance panels and inverters to suit a range of applications,
- Supplying Energy Storage Systems to enable homeowners to save surplus energy to use when the panels are not generating energy.
Get Paid for the Energy You Produce
Not only can you save money on your electricity bills with solar panels, you can also make money from the government’s Feed-In Tariff scheme, getting paid for the energy that your solar panels produce!
It is important to note that the Feed-in Tariff is reduced every three months so the sooner you invest in solar panels for your property the more money you will earn from the Feed-in Tariff as you’ll qualify for a higher Feed-In Tariff rate. You lock into that tariff rate for the full 20 years of payment once your solar panels are installed and registered! With the initial cost of solar panels significantly lower than what it was in 2010, there really has never been a better time to install solar panels on your home or property!
Sustainable Home Building
In a bid to promote sustainable, energy-efficient home building, The UK Government launched an environmental assessment scheme for rating and certifying the sustainability and energy performance of new homes, called the Code for Sustainable Homes. Both the Solar Photovoltaic Roof panels and Solar Thermal Roof panels offered by Avonside Renewables contribute to properties meeting the energy efficiency standards set out by the Code for Sustainable Homes levels 3, 4, 5 and 6.
Solar Panelled Roofs Repairs to Existing Solar Panelled Roofs
If you need to replace the roof on a property that has solar panels already installed Ploughcroft will ensure that your roof is fully guaranteed through ‘Competent Roofer’. With our highly skilled and knowledgeable staff having installed over 10,000 solar panels, you can rest assured that your solar system will be re-fitted in accordance with best practice.
Where your Velux roof windows need replacing and the roof windows are located near your solar panel system, our qualified team will carefully remove all individual solar panels necessary to facilitate the work needed, ensuring your solar panel system is working at its usual high performance upon completion. As certified Velux installers our staff are highly trained to for Velux Windows to any roof type, solar paneled roofs included!
Benefits of Solar Panel Installation
- Avonside Renewables are the premier choice for both the supply and installation of Solar Thermal and Photovoltaic Roof panels, offering expert design;
- Having developed strong strategic relationships with solar panel market leaders, including Samil, SolarMax, ReneSola, Q-Cells and Yingli Solar, Avonside Renewables can pass on the rewards of these positive relationships to customers.
- Solar panels offered by Avonside Renewables can help properties meet the energy efficiency criteria for code levels 3, 4, 5 and 6 of the Code for Sustainable Homes.
- Avonside Home Improvements have successfully installed solar panels to over 6000 homes and properties in England, Scotland and Wales.
- Avonside Home Improvements have an enviable customer service satisfaction rate of 97% (according to an Independent survey carried out by IWA in 2015).
- Earn money for the electricity you produce from the government’s Feed-In Tariff. Once your solar panels are fitted and registered for the Feed-in Tariff, you lock into that tariff rate for the full 20 years of payment!
- Due to better technology, there has never been a better time to install solar panels, with the initial cost being significantly lower than it was in 2010.