Your VELUX Certified Installers serving Yorkshire & Lancashire. Ploughcroft are also installers of Roof Maker contemporary skylight windows & installers of conservation roof windows.
Flood your attic or extension with natural light and fresh air by installing Skylight Windows or a contemporary roof lantern. We offer a wide variety of roof windows and skylights for either pitched or flat roofs, all with a low energy rating.
Photo courtesy of © 2005 VELUX Group. Some of these images are not of our workmanship and are purely to promote the products available for installation
Whether you require a balcony system installing, a string of continuous skylights or a contemporary roof lantern or pyramid we will find a solution! We are able to install to most roof types, either as part of a re-roof or roof replacement or by simply replacing existing, old skylight windows.
- Top hung and Centre pivot roof windows for convenient access
- Solar powered and electric windows those those hard to reach situations
- Balcony Systems transform a windows in to a stunning balcony feature
- Solutions for those roofs with a 0-15 degree pitch
- Skylights specially designed for flat roofs and extensions
- Conservation Roof windows for a traditional, external appearance
- Slimline rooflights and lanterns by Roof Maker for a contemporary look and feel
Replacing existing roof windows
If your old roof lights need replacing this is the perfect opportunity to let more natural and healthy light in by making them bigger or adding additional windows. There is now a much larger range of options available. VELUX and Roof Maker offer a vast range of stunning solutions with something to suit all tastes and budget.
- Replacing old skylights with a modern alternative will also improve the energy eficiency of your home.
- Modern style Sky Lights and Roof Windows are far more energy-efficient than their older equivalent.
- Replacing existing skylight windows is a relatively straight forward process but does require Building Regulations.
- Ploughcroft take care of this for you so you do not need to worry about this legal requirement.
Heritage Roofing & Conservation Style Roof Windows
As heritage roofing specialists we also have experience in installing conservation style windows and roof lights and will work with local conservationists, if required, to ensure a sympathetic look and feel to any project.
Our conservation roof lights blend tastefully into the roof of any old building.
Combining new roof windows or VELUX skylights with our eco-roof roof replacement will dramatically reduce energy bills in older properties with existing attics and loft extensions whilst retaining or increasing the natural light.
Certified Installers of VELUX Skylights & Roof Windows
VELUX are renowned for being leading manufacturers of roof lights and windows, having produced them for over 70 years. There’s no doubt that they add character and something special to any home or roof.
As proud VELUX Certified Installers we never use cheaper alternatives and our experienced Surveyors will be able to give advice on how to make the most of any installation. All windows are installed to VELUX standards and are guaranteed for 10 years.
Benefits of Skylight Installation
- Brings in twice as much daylight as vertical windows;
- Solar and electric roof windows are perfect for out of reach situations;
- Available in white UPVC, white, wood, painted and pine;
- Solutions for most roof types, including extensions, flat roofs and heritage/conservation projects;
- Reduces outside noise including the sound of rain and hail;
- Easy to clean coatings that repel dust and debris;
- Triple glazing available to enhance energy efficiency;
- Replacing old roof lights increases the energy efficiency of your home;
- Enhances the appearance of your property.