As we head towards spring, homeowners everywhere start looking into home improvements. But where to start? With the garden, the spare room and the kitchen all competing for your attention, the choices are almost endless. However, if you’re looking for a genuine return on investment you should really consider an eco-loft conversion. While this might sound like it’s a major project, with the right contractor, it doesn’t need to be. In fact, we’ve come up with our top benefits of converting your loft. Well, what are you waiting for?
1. Gaining an extra room. Whether it’s an additional bedroom or an office, a loft conversion is the perfect solution to gain that extra room you need.
2. Increase the value of your house. When you increase the square footage of your home you also increase property value by up to 20%. Attic conversations are a great way to do this.
3. Planning permission. Unlike an extension it is unlikely that a loft conversation will require planning permission, therefore saving you time and money (and it won’t upset your neighbours!)
4. Avoids losing space outside. The beauty of extending your house upwards is that your precious garden remains untouched!
5. Insulate your home. Our research shows that up to 50% of a home’s heat is lost as a result of poorly insulated attics. When you have a loft conversion you can save over £500 a year in energy bills by installing Ploughcroft’s unique Eco-Roof™!
6. Natural Light. Loft conversions usually include large Velux windows which mean you have plenty of natural light – especially when compared with other rooms throughout your house.
7. Storage galore. Typically loft conversions feature useful storage spaces built into the attic space at the sides of the room. As anyone who has a family will know – you can never have enough storage!
If you’re interested in finding out more about Ploughcroft’s Eco-Roof™ solution, you can read more here.