Ploughcroft – Heritage Roofing York – specialist heritage roofers in the York area
Ploughcroft Heritage Roofing York takes pride in providing heritage roofing solutions for a variety of customers in and around the York area.
Buildings of special interest – whether they are listed, prestigiously historical or just old – warrant every effort to preserve them. Replacing a roof on a historical or heritage property can be a challenge due to the rules and regulations that (rightly so) surround a building steeped in history.
- Heritage roofing for commercial and domestic properties
- Re-roofing solutions for prestigious and older buildings
- Total or partial roof replacement
- Grade I, Grade II, Grade II*
- Churches, schools and town halls
- Historical & specialist lead work
- Traditional slating & tiling
- Conservation style windows and roof lights.
If you have an older property which requires careful roofing restoration or lead work or you own a prestigious property where only the best will do, our roofing specialists have worked on a variety of prestigious projects including listed and historic buildings. On-going training ensures our roofing teams are fully up to date with the rules and regulations.
Time-served roofing operatives
Our time-served roofers are fully trained to work on older properties and prestigious buildings. We provide solutions which are always in keeping with traditional styles. Our operatives are qualified in ‘Understanding Repair and Maintenance of Traditional pre-1919 Buildings’ and are accomplished at working with all traditional building materials.
- Expert advice on all historical and heritage roofing
- Will work alongside local conservationists
- Restoration of heritage buildings in keeping with their original style
- Traditional materials include slate, tile and stone
- All roofing work carried out in accordance with BS5534 British Standards
- Insurance backed warranties through Competent Roofer available on all re-roofing works
Ploughcroft is also experienced in installing conservation style windows and roof lights and can work with local conservationists to achieve the desired outcome.
We are immensely proud to have had the privilege of working on some very prestigious projects including the restoration of The Halifax Piece Hall, Halifax Borough Market, St Paul’s Church, Manningham, St Michaels College, Leeds and Kirklees Hall .
We have also worked on projects funded by organisations such as English Heritage and the National Trust and as such we set ourselves apart from many contractors with our understanding and guiding principles for this type of historical work.
Call 01422 202 919 for a free quote
A sympathetic solutions for Heritage Roofing York
Ploughcroft can help you find your way through all the rules and regulations normally involved with heritage, prestigious and historic buildings. Our team is passionate and fully experienced in all aspects of heritage roofing and will ensure that the latest roofing techniques employed are sympathetic to the York area and period of the original design.
To ensure your heritage or listed building does York’s history and culture proud, contact us today or fill out the form below for all your roof inspection and restoration needs!