Ploughcroft was pleased to undertake a project which involved renewing the flat roof of Britannia House in Bradford using SIKA Liquid Plastics.
As trusted roofing and solar specialists, Ploughcroft were instructed to renew the flat roof of Britannia House in Bradford using SIKA Liquid Plastics. We began by removing all of the existing solar PV panels from the roof to be reinstated once the roof replacement was completeed.
See below for photos of the project.
Sika Liquid Plastics is the UK’s leading manufacturer of seamless, cold-applied liquid roof membranes, ideal for waterproofing flat roofs, balconies and associated walls.
At Ploughcroft we only specialises in installing the highest quality commercial and residential flat roofs with warm roof construction that is extremely energy-efficient – delivering lower energy consumption and costs in the long term. Highly durable, easy to maintain, our flat roofs have a life expectancy of up to 30 years.
Benefits of Solar Panels
- Renewable Energy Source – It’s impossible to run out of solar energy, unlike some other energy sources. Solar panels do not require direct sunlight to work – they can generate power even on a cloudy day!
- Electricity Bills – You will see a difference in your bills. Howeve,r it will depend heavily on the size of the solar system and your electricity or heat usage.
- Diverse Applications – They can be used to generate both electricity and heat.
- Low Maintenance– solar panels typically don’t require much maintenance. They just need to be kept relatively clean.
- Versatile – You can have solar panels installed no matter where you are in the world.
If you’ve got a project like the one we undertook at Britannia House in Bradford, or you’re just in need of a new roof or re-roof on a property that already has solar panels installed, we will make sure that your roof is fully guaranteed through ‘Competent Roofer’ and we will happily re-install your solar system in accordance with best practice.
Over Ploughcroft’s 10 years’ experience with solar panels, we have installed over 10,000 of them. So there’s no need to worry, as our staff are highly experienced and fully trained in this type of work.