As your space requirement or your family grows, a home extension may be a practical, cost-effective alternative to moving.
Moving can be an emotional and physical upheaval for all your family, especially if you have young children who would have to move schools, full of hassle. The good news is that under the ‘Permitted Development’ rights you could extend your home without needing to apply for planning permission (for further advice please visit Planning Portal.
Building works such as loft conversions and ground floor extensions can be carried out under these rights, which means that you may not need planning permission.
Ploughcroft can organise the entire building extension project for you, from appointing an architect, liaising with the building inspector, right through to completion.
Should you wish to visit one of our recent building extension projects, please do not hesitate to contact us. Our staff are trained to be courteous and respectful of the fact that they are working in your home.
An alternative to building extensions and loft conversions are modern and insulated basement conversions. Transform previously damp areas into beautiful habitable space or a storage facility. An extra bedroom, playroom for the kids, study for your partner or even a home gym- what could your basement be?
Benefits of Home Extenstions
- Home extensions make maximum use of available land;
- A house renovation or extension increases the value of the property;
- A house renovation or conversion is a cost-effective alternative to moving;
- New permitted development rights may mean there is no need for planning permission;
- A complete service provided at a competitive cost;
- Fully compliant with Local Authority.