Restore and protect heritage buildings from the weather
- HERITAGE CERTIFIED ROOFERS
- PROTECT AGAINST THE ELEMENTS
- CHURCHES, SCHOOLS, LISTED BUILDINGS
Ploughcroft are experts at Heritage Roofing.
There are over 370,000 buildings protected by listing, and of those by far the majority – over 92% – are Grade II meaning they are buildings of special interest, warranting every effort to preserve them.
Replacing a roof on a listed or heritage building can be a challenge which is hard to grasp due to the rules and regulations that surround a building steeped in history.
Our skills and experience extend to church roof renovations and maintenance, as well as heritage school roof repairs maintenance and complete re-roof restorations. We are Heritage Certified and fully qualified in Understanding Repair and Maintenance of Traditional pre-1919 Buildings.Read More
If you own a listed or heritage building you will be well aware of the focus and care needed to restore a roof in order to protect the building itself, but also the necessity to keep the roof as close to the original in structure and appearance.
Many roofing contractors are unfamiliar with the methods involved in constructing and restoring listed property roofs. Ploughcroft’s time-served craftsmen are accustomed to working on all manner of pitched roof projects, including Grade I & Grade II listed buildings, churches, schools etc.
As heritage roofing specialists, we also have experience in installing conservation style windows and roof lights and will work with local conservationists, if required, to ensure that the installation is sympathetic in appearance and blends seamlessly into the roof.
HERITAGE ROOF REPLACEMENT
“The work has been carried out within the agreed timescales and with the minimum of disruption to us.”
- Protect the building from future damage and weather conditions,
- Experienced in all materials, including slate, tile and stone (new and reclaimed),
- Everything from minor repairs to entire re-roofs,
- Inspection and expert advice on all aspects of heritage roofing,
- Public & private sectors, estate management contracts etc.,
- Insurance backed warranties on all substantial works,
- Staff qualified in ‘Understanding Repair and Maintenance of Traditional pre-1919 Buildings’.