The Green Deal Assessment is a government-backed way of paying for installing energy efficiency measures, such as roof insulation, from the savings you will make on your energy bills.
British home owners pay a high price for inefficient housing which is often draughty, poorly insulated and leaks heat.
The Green Deal aims to help bring buildings up to date by helping to fund energy efficiency improvements to homes without having to front up the cash. Instead, repayments are made through the savings on energy bills and can be paid back over 20-25 years.
All works funded through the Green Deal must meet the Golden Rule – Repayments must be less than the money you will save on your energy bills.
Ploughcroft can arrange for a Green Deal Assessment to be carried out on your property.
The Green Deal covers 45 energy saving measures. Ploughcroft currently installs:
- Room in the roof insulation,
- Internal Wall Insulation,
- Loft Insulation,
- Floor Insulation.
- Big savings on energy bills,
- No additional cost to you – the loan is paid back using the savings you make on your energy bills,
- The Green Deal Finance Company are less tough than normal lenders in their credit scoring,
- Repayments are spread over a longer period,
- The loan is tied to the home, rather than the homeowner,
- Repayments made through your electricity bill.
- A Green Deal assessor visits your property to identify what energy efficiency improvements you can make and what the financial savings are likely to be.
- They produce a Green Deal Advice Report.
- Decide which options you wish to take up you a free to get quotations from Green Deal Installers to carry out the work.
- We submit your report and quotations to a Green Deal Provider who produces a draft calculation for you to consider.
- When you are happy with the proposal it is be put forward to the Green Deal Finance Company for approval.
- The Green Deal Provider arranges for your chosen Green Deal Installer to carry out the work.
- The cost of the improvements are paid back over time through your electricity bill.